Monday, June 25, 2007

Horror of Horrors

This past weekend, we had a dinner at our house. I decided to fully set the table, and to my horror, I discovered we only have six dinner forks left. How this managed to escape my attention for the past six years is beyond me (mostly due to the fact that Matt and I indiscriminately grab salad and dinner forks).

When we got married, we registered for silver ware. In my haste, I registered for a set at Target, not realizing that once that was discontinued there was no replacing missing pieces. So here I am, six years later, with six sad little forks left to my name.

Before you cry too much for me, I have to confess that I do have Matt's grandmother's complete set of silver. But the thought of using it strikes fear in my heart. What if those get lost? Anyway, I have been searching Dillard's website for a suitable pattern to set my heart on. Once again, my tastes are all over the place. Here are the three I love:



Very fun contemporary: Larabee Dot (Kate Spade)



Classic style: 1800 (Reed & Barton)





An oldie but goody: Michelangelo (Oneida)