Monday, May 25, 2009

Last Eureka Post, I Promise

I wish I had a cottage here.





Just a tiny, out of the way gingerbread cottage with a bedroom and a claw foot tub. And a porch with geraniums. Somewhere I can hang my hat on the weekend, walk around in flip flops and take pictures to my heart's content.




I find myself pulling up these picture files while I'm at work, clicking through them and wishing with all my heart that I owned a shop here. A little coffee/sandwhich place I could run with my college-graduate-job-hunting sister. Between the two of us, we could figure it out.




We would wear jeans and listen to Rosemary Clooney and serve coffee and cookies.




And then walk home after work surrounded by stained glass, old bricks...





... aged plaster, patio lights, and sidewalk grates encrusted with purple glass.





And then I blink back to reality and answer the phone while shuffling through a pile of paperwork. It's good to have dreams. It's even better to have pictures that remind you of them.