Friday, May 29, 2009

Peach Tarts, Again


I've posted about these tarts before, I just can't remember when.


But peach tarts are so good, they're worth an encore post.


I found this recipe while reading Under the Tuscan Sun.
Worn out?
Tired?
Ready for a vacation but cant afford it?
Buy this book.

It's my go-to insta-vacation on paper. It's nothing like the movie, and I've read it four times. Going on five.


Cut up five or six peaches. I like to leave some of the peach skin.

Add a cup of marscipone cheese.

Add 1/4 cup sugar ( I add more depending on how ripe the peaches are).

Mix thoroughly.



Divide the mixture in two, placing equally in the centers of two pre-made pie crusts. Fold crusts over. Brush on egg whites to the crust. Bake at 375 for 20 to 40 minutes depending on how crispy you like it. I baked mine almost 45 minutes.



Let cool at least 30 minutes.
It's now officially the start of a very good weekend.