Thursday, January 13, 2011

Calories, Dispatch From China


Did you know there's only 30 calories in one of these little Clementines?


I made a vow to start tracking my calories a few weeks ago and eat healthier. Not because I'm obsessed, just to you know, see how much I was eating.

For reference, a healthy non-pregnant woman should be eating between 1500 and 1800 calories a day (which I think is kind of depressing).

A pregnant woman should add only about 300 extra calories to that.

I found out I was eating, oh, around 3,000 a day.

Yikes is right.

So it's good to count. It's good to know. And it's also good to cut out my 9:00 nightly bowl of ice cream. Apparently that whole "eating for two" thing is a myth.

But don't worry. I'm not giving up my Clementines. Or strawberries. Or any of the other healthy stuff. But I will be nixing the lovely spoonfuls of icing I was indulging in.

Seriously. It was getting out of hand.


In other news, Rebecca is doing fabulously in China. Not only that, she's also met a special someone named Jon. He's teaching English in a neighboring city. Turns out, he's also from Arkansas. Talk about a tiny, tiny world.


Don't they look cute? And happy? I couldn't help but share.