Friday, January 28, 2011

Hilary's Sandwhiches

Whenever someone gives me a great recipe, their name gets etched into my recipe book, I don't really care if the recipe originated with Martha Stewart or Ina Garten. All my recipes are labeled with friends names. Family names. People that cooked for me. It makes me happy.


And so I present you with Hilary's Sandwiches. She'll protest the credit. She'll exclaim that it's a Southern Living recipe. But not in my cookbook. In my cookbook Hilary gets all the glory.

P.S. These are awesome.


Hot Roast Beef Party Sandwiches

1/2 c. finely chopped walnuts
2 (9.25 oz) packages dinner rolls
2/3 cup peach preserves
1/2 cup mustard-mayo blend(I use dijon mustard & lowfat mayo)
3/4 lb. thinly sliced deli roast beef, chopped
1/2 lb. thinly sliced Havarti cheese
Salt & Pepper (optional)


1. Heat walnuts in a small nonstick skillet over med-low heat, stirring often, 5-6 mins. or until lightly toasted & fragrant

2. Remove rolls from packages, place on baking sheet & cut rolls in half. Spread preserves on cut side of top rolls and sprinkle with walnuts.

3. Spread mustard-mayo blend on cut side of bottom rolls and top with roast beef. Stack cheese (I use a quarter of a slice of cheese for each sandwich) on top of roast beef. Sprinkle salt & pepper on top of cheese if desired.

4. Close tops of sandwiches & lightly cover with foil.

5. Bake @ 325 degrees until cheese is melted . Usually 15-20 mins.