Friday, January 21, 2011

Snowed Out, With a Side of Oranges & Rosemary

I usually love a good snow day. I really do. But not when it messes with important plans. Like eating cake. Or hanging out with friends.


Yesterday was my turn to host a supper club with the gals. And we had to cancel. My house was clean. The homemade chicken soup was stewing and the whole place smelled like Meme's mandarin orange cake.


I also discovered the best smelling table arrangement in the whole wide world. Fresh rosemary with orange slices in the water. Between these smells and the cake, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I even caught a nap in front of the TV while the snow came down and Genevieve redesigned kitchens.


So our plans were snowed out. But that's OK. All is not lost. We'll eat it tonight with friends. And I find it's pretty much impossible to be too bummed when your house smells like oranges and rosemary.