*Painting by my mom, Margaret Harrell. Yep. She's awesome.
1. My father renames movies and tv shows. He never calls them by their proper titles. That would be boring. For example, Pet Cemetery is "That Dog Show" and The King of Queens is simply "Doug and Carrie."
2. My sister Rebecca was cooking dinner. She burned her finger on the stove, and in a scene that looked like slow motion she opened her mouth to scream and simultaneously caught a glimpse of Jane, so it came out edited "MOTHER OF PEARL."
3. My Mom is obsessed with defeating Matt in Word Twist. And he is obsessed with beating her. She tries to razz him. It's a bit like watching Myrna Loy try to trash talk on a basketball court.
4. Jerusalem has a wailing wall, and my parent's house has the booger wall. I sleep right next to it. That's a story for another post. Or a book.
5. My Dad yells about the government and taxes that are "high as a cat's back."
6. Jane has developed the perfect fake cough. I sense a flare for the dramatic.