*Photo taken at my favorite store, in honor of Jenny. I'm pretty sure she would jumped at the chance to purchase a stuffed fox and then she would have named him something cool like Mortimer or Val Kilmer.
1. Anybody else watch Dance Moms? I never throw stones at the overweight, but does anyone else find that situation terribly ironic? Then again, it is reality TV, which, as my wise uncle once stated, is "nothing but a bunch of people who have nothing better to do than sit around and pick lint out of their belly buttons." That's going in my second book.
2. I discovered what C-strings are (which I pondered the meaning of here). DO NOT GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH THOSE WORDS. Curiosity may not kill the cat, but it certainly confused and grossed the heck out of me.
3. When Matt goes shopping with me he follows me everywhere, like a giant shadow stepping on the back of my heels. I'm pretty sure he's just trying to heard me like a sheep dog until I leave the store without spending money.
4. Jane discovered an important lesson this week: gravity. "Hey, when I hold this sippy cup full of water in the air over my face and drop it, it really hurts."
5. When I was ten I begged my parents for New Kids on the Block tapes. Instead they bought me two Simon and Garfunkel tapes and one Mamas and the Papas. I was not the cool kid in elementary school.
6. Cream Soda is like Root Beer's less attractive sister. I just don't like it.
7. There's an old house for sale in our neighborhood that has a functioning toilet in the middle of its basement for no apparent reason. Then I read The Help and understood what it was down there for. It made me sad.
8. I jokingly asked Matt when he was going to buy Jane a cell phone. He responded, "She can have a cell phone when she can pay for it." And all these years I thought I'd be the strict one.