Thursday, December 12, 2013

Alive. Running. Ice Storms. Watering a Live Christmas Tree.



Yep. We're still here. Still alive. It's been a straight sprint through life since October, but we're going to make it. As long as Santa doesn't deliver coal in our stockings, we'll be alright.

So along with all the sprinting through work and parties and Jane's marathon Finding Nemo watch parties, we also got a real tree this year. It kind of changes Christmas, you know? The house smells great, and the tree looks so much better than the fake ones. I think I've been converted. 

We got an ice storm that shut down the city for several days. We spent a three day weekend hunkered down, playing with Jane, and sleeping late in the mornings. I also wore my most embarrassing knit pompom hat and walked around the neighborhood, watching people spinning out into ditches. Entertaining? I think so.

Thank you so much to everyone who left a comment or emailed about the When the Cheese Slides Off Your Cracker. I appreciate you all so much. It was a joy to be able to share all of that with you, and it was major therapy just writing it. Thank you again!

So that's us. Running through life. Watering our real Christmas tree. I can't say how much I'll be posting for the rest of this month, but I'll still be here. Have a wonderful holiday season. Don't spend yourself into debt. Don't stress out. Don't fight with family. Carve out time for yourself and those you love... give yourself permission to do the holiday season in a way that makes you sane and happy. 

Much love to you all.