Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bad Blogger



Ok. I'm still here. No one keeled over. Nothing exploded. No major drama transpired.We're all happy, healthy, and going about our lives. I just, sort of, ran out of juice. In fact, I'm still a little out of juice. But I'm here. Thank you for the emails. And for caring.

So I'm not sure what the future holds here. I've got a couple of ideas, but suffice to say, my blogging journey is in flux at the moment. Until I figure it out, here's what's been happening lately.

1. We took a trip to Portland for Christmas. It was beautiful and I fell more in love with the west coast than ever. But I realized several things. For one, everyone in the San Francisco airport was beautiful and skinny. What's up with that? And two, people in Portland, as a rule, don't wear a lot of makeup. If any. I am freaking Tammie Faye Baker up there. Which changes nothing, cause you know I'm gonna wear my eyeliner until the end of days.

2. I shopped for new clothes. Small thing I know, but not for me. I've lost some weight and going shopping was actually fun again. A few dresses, a pair of boots, new underwear. But I learned something critical. Boy shorts are just code for permanent wedgie.

3. Jane has entered a whole new stage of life, I'm calling it "Princess Pissy Pants Syndrome." Don't get me wrong. I love my daughter to the ends of the earth and back, but the child completely intimidates me. Sometimes she looks me dead in the eye, never blinking, and says, "I don't like that Mommy." It might have been the way I coughed. Or cut up the meat on her plate. She's a steely little thing, and a part of me rejoices in the fact that my little Princess will never roll over and let the world kick her in the shins. But in the mean time, she and I lock horns. Often.

4. I've been spending a lot more time with friends. My social butterfly phase sputtered  with a death rattle for a while, what with working and having a baby and the subsequent nervous breakdown that followed. But I'm enjoying going out for drinks and dinner with women who are, in a word, fantastic. Somehow I've been blessed with friends who tolerate my silly, loud mouthiness. And I appreciate them, each and every one. Also? When you go out with friends and order a drink called El Diablo, beware.

So that's me and my crew.

I'll be back.

* Insert terminator accent here cause Lord knows I can't actually do it in real life, even though I keep trying and Matt shakes his head and says, "No, Liz. No."